How To Survive Your School Life
If There Is Too Much Homework
You might find yourself in the middle of a big project, have an essay assignment and loads of math questions all at the same time. What do you do? Well, there are several things you can do to get on top of this heap and stay ahead. Here are some suggestions.
- When you run into a pinch with too much work all at once, get some help. Most schools have study groups or tutoring centers that could give you some pointers on being more efficient in getting your work done. You could also look online for a good homework helping site to assist you in catching up when you have a heavy workload.
- Stay organized by keeping an agenda. Each time you get an assignment, make sure it’s written down somewhere. You could use either a paper or electronic schedule or planner, so all your homework assignments are in the same place. This will help you to not forget anything and know when the due date is for each one.
- Keep a schedule as well. That means to write down when you are going to do your schoolwork each day, and make sure you stick to it. If you happen to finish before the time is up, start working ahead on something you know is coming up. Make sure to also schedule in some free time, so you don’t get burned out just doing school work all the time. You need some recreation time and relaxation time as well.
- Do the work as soon as you can. If it’s assigned on one day and you have a few days or a week until it’s due, don’t wait until the night before it’s due to start it. That’s how you get behind. Instead, divide the workload out over a few days. You will also be able to accomplish better work doing it this way because it gives you more time to think about the questions.
- If you want to get good grades, take care in your work. Don’t be a slacker and hand in low quality work just because you felt lazy that week or used your time for other things. Always put your best effort into each one to get the grades you want.
- Try hanging out at study halls or in quiet libraries where you can focus on school work and not have the many distractions of other, busier areas.
- Try having a regular study time each day before school, especially if you’re a morning person. This may be a very productive time of day for you, and is generally quiet and peaceful before everyone else gets up and is rushing around trying to get out the door on time.
Once you’ve put some of these strategies into effect, you’ll find you feel ultra-organized most of the time. It will give you a feeling of relief each day to know you are on time with your assignments and aren’t always struggling to catch up.